Vastu Shastra Guidance for Flats / Apartments
FREE VASTU SHASTRA TIPS FOR THE BEDROOM
The bedroom is a place where one can be totally oneself. It is the room
where we spend most of the time to sleep and relax. • Never keep a Fish tank in the Bedroom.
VASTU SHASTRA TIPS FOR THE KITCHEN :
The kitchen is best only in the South east portion of the House The presiding deity of S.E. is Agni, the God of fire. Therefore, as per VASTU kitchen should be on the South East .
• Never Have a kitchen in the North east this will seriously effect the prosperity and curtail peace and mutual love in the family..
• The pipelines of the bathroom and the kitchen should have an outlet in the east or the north direction.
• Wastewater in the kitchen should always flow towards east and north.
• Kitchen is at the South-West direction affects the head of the family.
• Do not construct toilets and puja-room next to the kitchen.
• One should always face the East or North while cooking.
• The door of the kitchen should be in the north, east or north-east direction .
• Cooking Gas/Range should be in the south-east part of the kitchen. Sink in the kitchen should be installed in the north east.
• Windows are best in the east or North or North East.
• Wall cabinets are best on the West and South Walls.
• Water Filter should always be in the North East.
• Refrigerators are best in the South West corner.
SHASTRA FREE TIPS PRAYER ROOM / MANDIR :
• The puja room or the Mandir should be in the north-east corner or the North East of the Property or the North East Room of the Bungalow.
• The puja room should never be in the bedroom.
• The pooja room or the Mandir should never be in the basement .
• One should never use poojaroom for any other purpose like storage.
• Ensure that the toilet is not adjoining the pooja room, and not even above or below the prayer room.
• Never place any photographs to dead people in the pooja room.
• The Deity facing the West and the person offering prayers facing the East is considered the best as per VASTU.
• Avoid keeping the heavy idols in the mandir , pictures can be placed instead.
• Idols brought from ancient temples in the desecrated form should not be kept in the worship room.
• The idols should not be kept in the wall by cutting the wall or touching the wall. They should be kept at least an inch away from the wall.
SHASTRA FREE TIPS FOR TOILETS:
• Attached toilets in the North-west and west are permissible. The commode should face north-south.
• Never build toilets in the North East as North East is the Abode of the prosperity and success, Thus a Toilet here seriously effects the welfare of the inhabitants .
• Mirrors in the toilet may be on the north and east walls.
• Use Light colours in the Bathroom tiles. The Floor of the Bathroom should never use Black colour.
• The slope of the flooring in the bathrooms should be in the east or the north direction.
VASTU FREE TIPS TO BUYING A LAND .
According to the principles of Vastu Shastra , some plots or properties are more auspicious and some are entirely unsuitable for living .
Below mentioned are some of the points which one should consider while buying a plot:
1. Avoid Barren Land with no sign of greenery.
2. Avoid Land on which shadow of temple, towers, temple walls, temple flag post fall from 9 am to 3 pm.
3. Avoid buying a land with too much wet soil or water seeping from ground.
4. A plot which is narrower in the west or in south, in comparison to the north and east portion, is not good.
5. Land with many cracks in the soil/ground is not good for living.
Also you should never purchase the land from the following .
• From people who have a lot of sickness in the family.
• From people who have failed and become bankrupt.
• Land or property belonging to any temple, or Ashram or any other religious organization.
• Land containing ant-hills , bones , skeletons.
• Houses sold by distressed , unfortunate people
Plots facing North and East Road
gives Overall Prosperity
Some Important Things to remember when you build your house.
Copyright = Amit Lamba - 2013
Amit Lamba - Vastu Consultant Mumbai - INDIA