The Puja Room is the room where the Family Members Do the Pooja and the family’s deities or Mandir is kept and used exclusively for prayer, worship and meditation. In earlier times, a well designed Room was exclusively reserved for this purpose and was usually near the Entrance of the House . However, today with Less space availability, the Puja Room has become a tiny space, sometimes just a small mandir placed in the Kitchen.
Here, I have explained the Vastu Tips for Mandir Puja room.
- The Puja room should be in the North-East, East , the Reason for This is That Early Morning , the sun rises from the EAST But Close to the North-Eastern part , These hours are ideal for Yoga, meditation, prayer or study as it is very quiet and peaceful. Also, the early morning Sun’s rays have a very beneficial effect on our health. Therefore, the North-East corner is the best position for the Puja Room/prayer room or meditation room.
- Avoid Puja mandirs in the Bedrooms: The Scientific Reason- Many people may feel uncomfortable to lie around with their feet pointing towards the religious idols, as they believe it is disrespectful to god.
- Avoid a Toilet near or above the Puja Room: The Scientific Reason- A Toilet causes disturbance when people use it and also the smell can distract while one is meditating.
- Avoid broken idols or torn pictures: The Scientific Reason- Praying to a broken idol or torn image of a deity can be distracting..
- Avoid photographs of dead people , Ancestors in the Puja room: The Logic- While many people believe in showing respect to the dead, it is better not to have their photos in the Puja room as they may be distracting or bring back painful memories.
- Colours in the Puja room: Can be white, light yellow or light blue. White or light yellow marble work in the room is preferred. The Scientific Reason- White marble shines and reflects light, thus enhancing the bright and well-lit look of a space. The same is true in case of light colours.
- The lamp should always be in front of the idol: The Scientific Reason- The idea of having a lamp is to light it and if it is placed in front of the idols, one can see them better.
AMIT LAMBA Astrology, Numerology, Vastu Shastra & Gemstone Expert. 9819015736 / 9324012326